Sales Representative – Tractors & Agricultural Equipment
Johnston Tractors Limited are recruiting for a Sales Representative to sell a full range of tractors and agricultural equipment in Cumbria and surrounding areas, with a focus on developing business for our new Penrith branch.
Job Location: Based out of our Penrith branch and on the road working a designated territory.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Johnston Tractors is a dealer for Valtra tractors, Kuhn farm machinery, Suzuki all-terrain vehicles and other leading brands of equipment with branches in Carlisle, Dumfries and Penrith (opening spring 2020). Established in 1962 we are well known locally and across the UK as a reputable new and used equipment dealer supplying to customers primarily working in agriculture but also construction, forestry and landscaping.
Due to the opening of the new Penrith branch, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Representative to join Johnston Tractors. Working independently but also in collaboration with the wider sales team and the after sales team, this requires someone who can take responsibility for the promotion of our company and the leading brands of agricultural equipment we offer. Developing long-standing relationships with new and existing customers will be a crucial.
This role is the main driving force for the company and will be a key contributor for the success of the new branch. Therefore it demands the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
What we are looking for:
Applicants are invited from both experienced sales professionals but also new entrants into the industry or a sales role. We would like to find someone who has an interest in agricultural equipment, rises to challenges, and pushes themselves to achieve outstanding results and rewards. We will provide ongoing product and skills training to ensure the candidate with the right aptitude is well equipped to succeed.
• Full Driver’s License
• Warm and engaging personality
• Enthusiasm and energy to achieve objectives
• Previous experience in a sales or customers service role preferable (training available for the right candidate)
• Knowledge of the agricultural industry and its machinery essential
• Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative or as part of a team
• Ability to communicate well face to face and over the phone
• Ability to use IT
• Selling Valtra tractors, Kuhn farm machinery and other leading brands of equipment to customers in Cumbria and surrounding areas (especially those with proximity to Penrith)
• Appraising the value of used equipment by gathering important information from the customer and/or organising an inspection
• Prospecting new customers and maintaining relationships with current customers
• Building a rapport with customers to identify and anticipate needs, and proactively promoting suitable features and benefits
• Pricing appropriate equipment and preparing quotes
• Promoting finance packages, extended warranties and accessory products
• Handling objections, positively influencing and persuading customers in order to close deals
• Meeting businesses objectives and targets by achieving maximum profitability on sales
• Providing exceptional customer service throughout the sales process so all customer expectations are met if not exceeded
• Processing all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
• Representing the company Johnston Tractors with a friendly and professional manner
• Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the agricultural and other relevant industries; such as farm practices, new machinery innovations and recent news
• Reporting back to management
• Ensuring company vehicle is kept presentable
• Working Monday to Friday with rota weekends and additional hours for shows / open days throughout the year (when required)
• Competitive basic salary and performance based commission – dependent on experience (to be discussed at interview stage)
• Company smart phone
• Company vehicle
• Company pension
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Long established, local and trusted employer
For more information or to apply – please call or email Howard Johnston, Managing Director of Johnston Tractors (this will be completely confidential):
Mobile: 07860 550044