Service Engineer – Excavators & Plant Equipment
Johnston Tractors’ sister company BH Plant Sales (www.bhplantsales.com) are recruiting for a Service Engineer to work with excavators and plant/construction equipment.
Job Location: Based out of our Carlisle workshop and in mobile van covering Cumbria and surrounding areas.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
BH Plant Sales is a dealer for the market leading Japanese excavator brand Takeuchi, responsible for Cumbria and surrounding areas. With a close-knit team in sales and after sales roles, BH has the ambition to grow and build on its reputation as a trusted dealer for Takeuchi products with a high level of service support.
The Takeuchi range incorporates micro, mini and midi tracked excavators as well as wheeled models and tracked dumpers. BH Plant Sales is also well recognised for supplying other new and used plant/construction equipment including swivel tip dumpers, compaction machinery, telehandlers, wheel loaders, and trailers.
An exciting career opportunity has come available at BH Plant Sales for an experienced and efficient Service Engineer. The role will involve carrying out pre-delivery work (PDI), servicing and repairs of excavators and other plant/construction equipment to an exceptionally high standard ensuring customer satisfaction.
What we are looking for:
We would like to find someone with experience working on plant/construction equipment, but applicants with transferable service skills from agricultural, forestry or other similar machinery will also be considered. Above all the successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, be reliable, keen, conscientious and trustworthy. Knowledge of Takeuchi excavators would be a great advantage, although ongoing training will be provided.
• Full Driver’s License– commuting to and from jobs
• Experience in the service and repair of construction, agricultural, forestry or similar machinery
• Technical knowledge of engines, hydraulics, electrics and mechanical systems
• Understanding of laptop diagnostics – training will be provided
• Ability working to tight deadlines in a busy and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently under own initiative
• Ability to communicate well with management, other staff and customers
• Must work flexible hours when required to meet needs of the business – there will be opportunities for overtime
• Pre-delivery inspection (PDI), service and repair of excavators and plant/construction equipment
• Carrying out work both on customer premises/jobsite and in our workshop
• Fitting and modifying equipment (e.g. hydraulic hitches)
• Appraising second hand equipment and carrying out repairs
• Attending ongoing off-site technical training provided by manufacturers
• Liaise daily with company manager and/or parts manager
• Working with the team and helping to support other members of staff
• Keeping workplace tidy and company vehicle presentable
• Working hours are 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday – plus overtime as required
• Competitive salary – dependent on experience (to be discussed at interview stage)
• Company works van
• Company pension
• Manufacturer training
• Established, local and trusted employer
How to apply:
For more information or to apply – please call or email David McIlwraith, Managing Director of BH Plant Sales (this will be completely confidential):
Mobile: 07769 973671